The Retreat is a healing environment. The basic philosophy is to remove distractions while presenting avenues of growth. This is not a vacation, spa or workout camp. The Retreat is designed to allow you the best possible chance to stay sober through connecting with a large number of recovering individuals.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes appropriate for the season.
- A phone card if you plan on calling people outside the Auckland area.
- While we provide pillows and blankets, feel free to bring your own.
- If you take any prescribed medications, please bring enough for 30 days. The prescription needs to be current, with the doctor’s name and number. Please have your medications blister packed.
- There will be opportunities for weekly shopping, so bring any money you think you will need.
- A blank notebook or journal, pens, pencil, highlighters.
- If you smoke, bring cigarettes enough for a few days.
- If you are on a benefit, make sure you have a medical certificate to cover your time with us.
- Bring some form of identification (ID) for our records, such as a drivers license or passport.
- You may bring any soft drinks that you like and you may keep them in our fridge.
What NOT to bring
- Please do not bring a vehicle. There is no long-term parking available.
- Please do not bring any device that is Wi-Fi capable. Cell phones will be locked away and returned upon completion of the program.
- Please do not bring stereos and/or speakers. Headphones are to be used for personal use.
- Please do not bring ANYTHING that has alcohol as an ingredient. This includes items such as mouthwash, perfume, hairspray, methylated spirits or rubbing alcohol.
- No medications unless prescribed by a doctor (see above). You may bring vitamins.
- No pornography.
- No clothing with alcohol and/or drug images/messages.
- No energy drinks.